[Devel] Webruntime prototype

Gustavo Noronha gustavo.noronha at collabora.co.uk
Mon Feb 29 13:01:23 GMT 2016

Hey,

As discussed earlier, I have worked on drafting a design and a
prototype for the webruntime. The design is on the wiki:

https://wiki.apertis.org/WebRuntime

And the prototype, which I named westhall[0], allowed me to already
find some weaknesses in the design and also a few issues with seed, the
foundation that allows connecting the web engine with GObject.

The code is here: https://git.apertis.org/cgit/staging/westhall.git/

There are packages for our customized seed and westhall in OBS already,
but the best way to test westhall for the moment is to build your own
and run the example (you can install seed from the repository though,
libseed-gtk4-dev). This is the example:

https://git.apertis.org/cgit/staging/westhall.git/tree/examples/simple.c

The example will show a very simple page and has JS code to use native
Gio APIs to read your machine's /etc/resolv.conf and show its contents
on the page. Next up is prototyping the shared launcher as described in
the wiki page.

Let me know if you have any questions or criticism!

Cheers,

[0] not set in stone, of course, the name can be freed for usage in a
different module if you wish

--
Gustavo Noronha <gustavo.noronha at collabora.co.uk>
Collabora Ltd.