[Devel] Preferences and Persistence design 0.3.0

Suma Shanbhog (RBEI/ECF4) Suma.L at in.bosch.com
Fri Jan 8 10:13:39 GMT 2016

Hello Philip,

I need clarity ont his topic:
" So instead I propose a new solution (which is not in the current
version of the design): write preference UIs in code, but Apertis
should provide a widget which can auto-generate the UI for a specific
set of preferences from the GSettings schema for the application. Let’s
call the widget ApertisSettingsList.

This means that version 1 of the application above would implement its
preferences UI in a small amount of code to instantiate
the ApertisSettingsList widget for its two boolean preferences. Version
2 would keep this widget, and add additional widgets to the UI for the
new, complex, preferences."

Suma Shanbhog : For an app maybe this is possible. However what about services which have settings? Consider Newport which might have a setting for download location. Newport is not aware of any UI . In microecore, it may not be built with lightwood or any such UI library.
So, where can it find ApertisSettingsList?

Best regards

Suma L
RBEI/ECF

Tel. +91(80)6657-4464