[Devel] Automated CI checks on patch submissions

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 10:59:33 BST 2016

Hey all,

As some of you may have already noticed, we now have some
infrastructure in place to do CI checks on patch submission (not just
after patch merging). Currently two CI checks are done for patches to
most repositories:
* Check commit message:
  Some simple sanity checks for the commit messages (e.g. valid e-mail
  addresses used), but mostly to check if the commit either has a
  signed-off-by or is tagged as RFC (subject starts with RFC:)
* build-snapshot:
  Runs git phab merge of the submitter revision against the current
  *master* version of the repository and runs a normal build-snapshot
   build.

In both case on success, the build is ticked of in the Build status of
the diff details part. On failure a comment with more details on the
failure is posted instead.

Note that for patches towards 16.03 only we don't do specific builds,
but this should be added shortly.

--
Sjoerd Simons
Collabora Ltd.