[Devel] Status of rpi-imager images of Apertis

Bird, Tim Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Aug 16 22:51:54 CEST 2022

Hello Apertis developers,

I would like to experiment with Apertis on a raspberry PI board, and I was interested to
see that there are Apertis entries that show up in the rpi-imager tool, to create an sdcard
for OS installation on a raspberry pi.

However, when I choose one of the Apertis images with rpi-imager, I get an error:
"Error downloading: The requested URL returned error: 404 - Server IP: 46.235.227.188"
I got the same error for other images (I tried Apertis Headless image and Apertis Graphics image).

The Image URL reported by rpi-imager is:
https://images.apertis.org/release/v2022/v2022.1/arm64/hmi/apertis_v2022-hmi-arm64-rpi64_v2022.1.img

Note that I can ping images.apertis.org.

Looking at the images site manually, I see that there is a file:
https://images.apertis.org/release/v2022/v2022.1/arm64/hmi/apertis_v2022-hmi-arm64-rpi64_v2022.1.img.gz
(that is, the image filename but with the .gz extension), but indeed there is no file ending in just .img.

Are Apertis images still being created and supported for the rpi-imager tool?
Is this just a bad URL path issue?
Should the rpi-image database refer to the img.gz file, or should the .img file be on the images.apertis.org site?
Are the raspberry pi images meant to be up-to-date?

My purpose to use these images is to test some automated testing tools (Fuego) with Apertis.

Thanks,
 -- Tim Bird, Principal Software Engineer, Sony Electronics