[Devel] Status of rpi-imager images of Apertis

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova at collabora.com
Fri Aug 19 15:09:20 CEST 2022

Hi Tim,

We have now fixed the URLs for the rpi-imager.
Thank you for reporting the issue.

Regards,

Detlev.

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 6:39:21 P.M. EDT Bird, Tim wrote:
> Andrej,
>
> Thanks for the quick response!  I'll check out bmaptool.
>
> I think a command line tool might work best to the automated testing I would
> like
 to do anyway, so that's a very useful bit of information.
>  -- Tim

 see that there are Apertis entries that show up in
> > > the rpi-imager tool, to create an sdcard for OS installation on a
> > > raspberry pi.
> > >

> > > However, when I choose one of the Apertis images with rpi-imager, I get
> > > an error:
 "Error downloading: The requested URL returned error: 404 -
> > > Server IP: 46.235.227.188" I got the same error for other images (I
> > > tried Apertis Headless image and Apertis Graphics image).> >
> > >

> > > The Image URL reported by rpi-imager is:
> > > https://images.apertis.org/release/v2022/v2022.1/arm64/hmi/apertis_v2022
> > > -hmi-arm64-rpi64_v2022.1.img
> >

> > > Note that I can ping images.apertis.org.
> > >

> > > Looking at the images site manually, I see that there is a file:
> > > https://images.apertis.org/release/v2022/v2022.1/arm64/hmi/apertis_v2022
> > > -hmi-arm64-rpi64_v2022.1.img.gz
 (that is, the image filename but with
> > > the .gz extension), but indeed there is no file ending in just .img.>
> >
> > I have verified the file
> > https://images.apertis.org/rpi/apertis-oslist-stable.json that the
> > rpi-image tool uses, and indeed, it links to the non-compressed image,
> > whereas we only publish compressed images.
> >
> > I believe this should mean the scripts we use to generate this file may
> > be buggy. I’ll file an issue to have this looked at.
> >

> > > Are Apertis images still being created and supported for the rpi-imager
> > > tool?
 Is this just a bad URL path issue?
> > > Should the rpi-image database refer to the img.gz file, or should the
> > > .img file be on the images.apertis.org site?
 Are the raspberry pi
> > > images meant to be up-to-date?
> > >

> > > My purpose to use these images is to test some automated testing tools
> > > (Fuego) with Apertis.
>

> >  From what I can see, the daily builds should be downloadable with
> >
> > rpi-imager, as the image list file for them has the correct URLs.
> >
> > Meanwhile, I can recommend you use bmaptool to write the image directly
> > to the SD card like this:
> >

> >      bmaptool copy
> >
> > https://images.apertis.org/release/v2022/v2022.1/arm64/hmi/apertis_v2022-h
> > mi-arm64-rpi64_v2022.1.img.gz