[Devel] 16.06 release changes

Hector Oron hector.oron at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 15:13:48 BST 2016

Hello,

  This is a 16.06 release update:

  - X.org has been dropped from Apertis 16.06 images, Apertis is now
using Wayland protocol by default in target and development images. SDK
is still using X.org graphic system.

  < https://wiki.apertis.org/WaylandEvaluation >

  - Apertis 16.06 release roadmap has slightly changed and we are aiming
to release on the following dates:
    + Soft freeze stage: June 29th, 2016
    + Hard freeze stage: July 6th, 2016
    + Last day for bug fixes (golden image): July 19th, 2016
    + Final release: July 22th, 2016
    + Release announcement: July 25th, 2016

   < https://wiki.apertis.org/16.06/Release_schedule >

  - Apertis 16.03 release continues updating for security updates (at
least) until 16.06 is released. After that date it is to be evaluated if
distro shall be kept therefore continue updating with security updates
or dropped from Apertis build infrastructure.

  - Older releases previous to 16.03 shall be removed from our build
infrastructure.

Regards,
--
Hector Oron