[Devel] New Apertis v2020.0 stable release available
Peter Senna Tschudin
peter.senna at collabora.com
Fri Mar 20 08:42:22 GMT 2020
Yesterday I sent an E-mail to the testing mailing list as a small step
in my quest on learning how to send proper release emails. This one
should be better.
The new Apertis v2020.0 stable release is now available!
Apertis v2020.0 is the first stable release of the LTS Apertis v2020.
Apertis is committed to maintaining the v2020 release stream until
September 2021. Release notes are available at:
For more details about the Apertis release flows and support periods:
Images are already available for download:
Some highlights for this release:
* Target images for the i.MX6 SabreLite boards with graphics support
using the mainline stack and the open source etnaviv driver are now
* The OSTree updates in this release are now signed to prove their
source is trusted.
* Linux kernel 5.4
* This release introduces initial support for pstore in the U-Boot
bootloader and the Linux kernel to debug hard crashes by
providing a way to store logs for postmortem analysis.
* A proof-of-concept hawkBit server instance has been deployed for
Apertis and the image building pipelines now automatically push
updates to it as OSTree static bundles.
* GitLab-to-OBS workflow enhancements
* When pulling updates from upstream distributions like Debian, the
package sources are now automatically scanned to identify code
released under problematic licenses as early as possible.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to make Apertis awesome!
More information about the Devel